Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Christmas Entertainment

It's that time of year when everyone goes a little mad. Whether it's fighting over the last discount turkey at the grocery store or deciding to hang outdoor lights in -20 weather, we are all victims of the 'Christmas Crazies'.

In order to stave off this unwanted neurosis I've come up with a foolproof plan. A list of movies that will distract you from your everyday life and lull you into a false sense of security.

Check this list that I made a few years ago for another giant list of suggestions.

I've decided to do another list to give some variety to the holidays and to give some movies their due.

"The Nightmare Before Christmas"

This is essentially a Halloween movie obsessed with Christmas. A great stop-motion film from Tim Burton.



"Mixed Nuts"

I love Madeleine Kahn so while I've never seen this movie I would give a chance because of her.



"The Bishop's Wife"

This is a heartbreaking movie with Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven.



"Die Hard"

This film isn't all warm and fuzzy like some of the other selections but it does take place at Christmas and darn it I will shoe-horn this movie in anywhere I darn-well like.



"Holiday Affair"

This stars the swoon-worthy Robert Mitchum working in a children's toy department of all places.



"We're No Angels"

This Christmas comedy stars Humphrey Bogart of all people playing a criminal on the lam.



"Holiday Inn"

This film famously led to the creation of the film "White Christmas". Starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire, a great pairing. Now this film has a variety of holidays in it but it does have several Christmas scenes.



"Babes in Toyland"

Last but not least is a Laurel and Hardy movie. I'm going to have to check this out myself as I've never seen any of their films.


No comments: